8 UNIQUE HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS FOR EXPATS | Gift Ideas For Friends Living Abroad
How to Come Up with Unique Gift Ideas for Your Boyfriend
Giving Something He Needs
Give him a practical gift.Most guys are more practical than they are frivolous. Give your man something that he can use.
- Tools are always a great gift. When you are a guy, there is no such thing as too many hammers or screwdrivers. If there's a specialty tool that you know he needs, special order it and watch his eyes light up. Or try something really cool like this Estwing 15-Ounce Ultra Hammer or this Hitachi Cordless Nailer.
- Gloves, wallets, sunglasses, or a nice watch are all gifts that are not only practical, but are items that he would be able to use on a daily basis.If you want him to think of you, give him something that reminds him of you every time he puts it on!
- Or give him something unique like a beer making kit or beard wipesthat he didn’t know he could use but can’t keep living without!
Give him something he's mentioned in passing.Think about things he points out when you're out together. This will let him know that you really pay attention to the things he likes.
- If he loves having a clean car, buy him a gift certificate from the best local car care center.
- If he daydreams about going fishing, a membership to a sportsman's club or a chartered day-long fishing trip would be ideal.
Give him a gadget.Men love gadgets! Find something zany and unusual that he didn't even know he needed, like a USB Mini-Fridge or a Swiss Army Knife iPhone case.
Ask his family and friends for ideas.He may have mentioned a city he would like to visit or a restaurant he's always wanted to try to his sister or his roommate.They might be able to offer ideas you haven't even thought of, and he will be surprised that you took the initiative to do a little research.
Say something surprising.While giving a gift is an action, it also helps to see the gift as something that communicates to your boyfriend exactly how you feel about him.
- If your boyfriend is artistically inclined, a paint set can say, "I really admire your creativity."
- Rock climbing accessories might say, “I like your sense of adventure.”
- Sexy boxers could say, well, you get the idea.
- Be careful. The gift might accidentally “say” something negative as well. Personal grooming kits might imply a message like "I wish you would do a little man-scaping," and he might think a gym membership says, “You need to work out more,” when you didn’t mean those things at all.
Surprise him an experience instead of an object.While a racecar video game is a nice gift, what about an afternoon at a racetrack, or even better, driving lessons at a speedway? An experience gives him something he enjoys and creates great memories that will last longer than any video game ever would.
- A new set of beer glasses might be nice, but go a little further and plan a trip a local brewery to not only buy his favorite beer, but to see it made!
- Tickets to see his favorite band, sports team, or comedian would be a great gift not only to open, but to look forward to!
- A weekend away to go golfing, camping, hiking, or fishing are all great gifts that he could enjoy alone, with a friend, or together with you.
Make him something.If you give your boyfriend something one-of-a-kind that you spent time and effort on, he will know just how special you think he is.
- Surprise him with a jar full of handwritten love notes, a collection of his favorite candies, a hand-knitted hat, a photo book full of pictures of the two of you, or special date coupons are just a few ideas that he would love.
- Don’t forget that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach! Nothing says I love you like a homemade cake or a couple dozen of his favorite cookies.
QuestionWhat if we're only 12?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you are only 12 and have a boyfriend, think about what he's interested in. If he likes football, you could buy him a jersey or a football. You could also buy him his favorite candy or treat or get him an iTunes or Playstation gift card so he can choose something for himself.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Determine the occasion. What are you giving the gift for? Gift giving should be proportional to the occasion in which it is given. A big gift can be nice, but only if it's timely.Jewelry, tool sets, or other expensive gifts can seem odd if given without a good reason. You may want to put extra effort into gifts for occasions that mean the most to the two of you.
- Make it appropriate. Overly excessive gifts should probably be avoided if you’ve only been dating for a few months. Your boyfriend of six weeks probably shouldn’t get the same kind of gift you’d give him after dating him for two years. Also make sure you give something appropriate to his way of thinking. The best beer stein in the world would make a terrible gift for a non-drinker. Someone struggling to lose weight probably wouldn't appreciate a gift certificate for their favorite doughnut shop.
- Make it personal. Include a little bit of yourself in the gift. Adding a personal handwritten note or a handcrafted card along with the gift will add personality and affection that will improve any box or gift bag.
- Think beyond dollar value. Sometimes simple gifts are best, and we all know that it’s the thought that counts. Even a gift as simple as a backrub can mean the world to your beau when he knows you put your heart into planning it for him.
- Consider the timing. A great gift can be ruined by poor timing. Make sure your boyfriend is in a receptive mood before you hand over his gift! You don’t want to spend lots of time and effort on coming up with a unique and wonderful gift and then spoil it by giving it to him when he’s tired and crabby after a bad day.
Video: UNIQUE Gift Ideas for Guys & Girls!
How to Clean a Longboard
Benefits of Deep Water Running
Psoriatic Arthritis Isn’t Who I Am: Julie’s Story
How to Straighten a Beard
10Common Habits That Can Damage Your Kidneys
Beauty and the Real Girl: Why the Naked Palette AlwaysWorks
How to keep your sex life alive after the menopause
Pippa Middleton And Ashton Kutcher Among Stars Invited To Princess Beatrice’s 25th Party
How to Make Eidolon Stronger in Aura Kingdom
Date: 10.12.2018, 11:47 / Views: 75564