Why Would A Man Ignore You - How To Win A Guy Back After Scaring Him Away
How to Win a Guy Back After Being Dumped
He dumped you. But you want him back. Winning a guy back after he broke-up with you is not an easy task. Only with patience, dedication and serious motivation can you attempt to recover your relationship with him. So, if you feel that you're ready to make that kind of commitment, prepare to make your bid to win him back.
Analyzing the Break Up
Consider why you want him back.Really ask, why? Think about the kind of self-image that he gives you. Does he speak well of multiple traits (at least a few) that you have? If he gives you a bad self image, perhaps you should just move on.
- A partner that is a bad influence, encouraging you to drink heavily, ignore your responsibilities and/or make unhealthy choices, is someone better left in the past.
- Can he experience happiness with you -- your successes or the little things that add meaning to your life?
Identify why he broke up with you.Reflect on the circumstances of the break-up. How did he act during the break-up? If he was willing to tell you why he broke up with you, then you can easily identify the reason(s) (unless, of course, the break-up was the generic "it's not you, it's me"); if it was a cut and go break-up, there maybe something that he doesn't feel he can tell you or doesn't want you to know. Either way, figure out what he wasn't getting out of the relationship.
- Playing the field is a major reason for cut and go break-ups. Young men often feel that they need to prove their sexual prowess by dating a certain number of women.
- He could simply be interested in another woman. In this case men will often become unresponsive and lose interest in the things that they had originally found attractive in you.
- Simply not having time for each other will cause a break-up also.
Improve yourself.Once you've identified the reason(s) for the break-up, attempt make the changes that need to made. If your partner directly told you the reason for the break-up, great, apply that to how you improve yourself; otherwise make improvements related to why he broke up with you.
- Don't make any changes that could negatively affect your life.
- Take time improving yourself. You need to properly make the necessary changes to win him back.
Making Your Move
Get in contact with him.Try contacting him through whichever method of communication was most often used during the relationship (texting, phone calls, email).
- To start, convey an interest in his well being. For example, ask him, "how have you been?"
- If you can't get in contact with him, try sending him a letter explaining the changes you've made.
Set up a meeting.Find a place that's comfortable for the two of you -- someplace that offers privacy -- so that you can talk about the changes you've made.
- Avoid places where you might consume alcohol. You both need to be clear minded.
- Don't try to turn this into a date. It needs to be short and to the point.
Show him the changes you've made.Talking to him about the changes that you've made is a great first step -- just make sure that you can follow through.
- Use your ability to persuade him into a constructive position where you can talk to him about the relationship problems -- be specific, talk about what you've done and need, and do not rehash negative issues.
- Don't corner him or make him feel that he has to be with you. Guys hate that.
- Anger is self-absorbed and a waste of time. Avoid it at all costs.
Let him know that you're available.While you don't want to put him in an awkward position, it's good to show him that you want him back. Being straight forward is good, but don't overwhelm him
Ask him to begin seeing you again.You may want to ask this at the beginning or once you've spent time together. It all depends when you feel that you have showed him that you've changed
- Again, don't corner him in these type of situations.
- Don't get excited and anticipate an immediate yes. Give him time to think.
Be yourself.While it's important to make changes to yourself, being the person that you're comfortable as is important, also.Expect him to respect that if you want the relationship to work out.
QuestionMy boyfriend seems to have lost interest in our relationship. What do I do to win him back?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIgnore him for awhile.The point is to let him miss you. If he fails to notice your absence, it means that your presence never meant anything to him. I know it's hard but guys can't stand when a girl is clingy and if it's time to let him go, better to know now.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if I am too shy to ask him?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you are not comfortable telling him in person, you can write him a letter, email, or text.Thanks!
QuestionMy boyfriend liked someone else so he dumped me. How can I get him back?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou don't. Let him go and try to be happy with her, but he may realize she doesn't love him like you did. By then, you will be happy and moved on, leaving him feeling stupid for letting you goThanks!
QuestionHow do I get a guy that hates me to like me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can try to find out what he doesn't like about you and change that behavior or if you did something to wrong him you could try apologizing. You're really probably better off finding someone else who doesn't already have these negative feelings about you.Thanks!
QuestionMy boyfriend dumped me due to me voicing my opinion. How do I win him back?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDon't. It might be hard to see now, but you are better off. You should feel free to express yourself. Find someone else who is interested in what you have to say.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make someone forget everything I did?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou may not be able to make them forget, but if you wholeheartedly apologize, you can most certainly make them forgive. And forgiveness, over time, causes the memory to fade.Thanks!
QuestionMy boyfriend asked out another girl. What do I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLet him go. What else is there to do? If it was a monogamous relationship, he wouldn't have gone out of bounds.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make my boyfriend love me again after he almost left me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBe trustworthy and loving. Love never fails.Thanks!
QuestionMy boyfriend has just dumped me, and he won't tell me why. I have phoned him and texted, but he is not answering.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWalk up to him, and ask him why. Keep a brave face, and act as though you are in charge.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if he says he is not allowed to date, but loves you?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf he really loves you, he'll make a way for both of you to go out, but at the same time wait for the right time.Thanks!
- Give yourself time to heal.
- Don't be a doormat; Don't look too desperate
- Communication and contact are key; Without them you can't expect to get back together with him.
- Don't play games with your relationship. Mystery is wonderful until its gone, and then there's nothing left.
- Remember that all you can do is change yourself; don't expect him to change in response to your own changes.
Video: How To Win A Guy Back After Messing Up - How One Can
10 Pictures Of Amisha Patel Without Makeup
Breast Cancer Patient Finds Her Topless Photos on Plastic Surgeons Website
How to Manage School Work in Middle School
Dressing Kids Like Adults: Is this Trend in or should it be on the Way Out
High calorie foods for weight gain
SpaceX Plan To Make New Sexy Spacesuits
Polenta with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
Jack Sparrow Costume Tutorial
The legal question paled next to the heartbreak of families personal loss
How to Tell the Age of a Rabbit
HOW TO HAVE A SMALL WEDDING
Happening: Rihanna Will Star in a New DiorCampaign
How to Find Affordable Dental Treatment